Comhairle nan Eilean Siar gives heritage grants to approved voluntary heritage organisations for heritage purposes. Approved organisations are Comainn Eachdraidh.
Demand for heritage grants is high so please read the guidelines carefully.
There will be two separate rounds of funding for 2023-2024:
- Round One: Only Form A will be accepted (applications for membership, heritage tourism and accreditation).
This is to allow all Comainn Eachdraidh groups the opportunity of applying for funding that will help them with running costs.
The deadline for Round One is 31 October 2023.
- Round Two: Form B will be accepted (applications for Heritage Organisation Equipment Grants) plus any Form A’s that haven’t yet been submitted.
This round will only be for the under-spend after Round One.
Round Two will open on 7 November 2023, with a deadline of 21 November 2023
Please note the following with regard to all applications:
- Applications will only be processed if correctly completed.
- All evidential documentation must be attached as no monies will be reserved until this is received.
- We are unable to approve applications for Heritage Equipment Grants retrospectively.
- Any grant application that is regarded as contentious, or may appear to set a precedent, will be referred to the Sustainable Development Committee for consideration.
- When the grants open each year full updated guidelines, application and claim forms are available to download below